The Clash of the Comics is the hottest amateur comedy competition in Dayton! The fourth Thursday of every month, for 5 months beginning in May. Ten comedic hopefuls compete on the Funny Bone Stage for cash, bragging rights, and a chance to perform alongside some of the biggest names in stand up comedy!
1. THERE IS NO ENTRY FEE
2. All Comics MUST sign up by emailing ClashOfTheComicsDayton@gmail.com.
3. This is a Bringer Show. If you do not have at least 5 people attend under your name, you will not perform. All Comics MUST pick up the package of passes at the club.
4. BE SURE TO SIGN AND PUT THE DATE OF THE SHOW ON EVERY TICKET YOU GET! THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!!
5. Every comedian will receive 20 passes .
6. Please have your guests make reservations and put in the notes section the comic they are coming to see perform.! THE POLICY IS NOW, FIRST COME FIRST SERVE! THE FIRST 150 PEOPLE GET IN FREE AND AFTER THAT THE PASSES ARE ½ OFF!
NOTE: Your guests MUST have their ‘passes/coupon’ with them at the show or they will be charged full price for entry.($5.00)
Night of the Show:
1. 10 Comedians will perform.
2. All comics MUST be at the club and accounted for by 6:30, to ensure the quality of the show. If you arrive later than 6:30, you may forfeit your stage time.
3. Who performs:
The contestants who bring the most guests the night of the show will get first priority to perform. Performers will be determined at or near 7:00 p.m. the night of the show, so tell your guests to show up early!
4. NO COMIC IS TO HAND OUT TICKETS IN FRONT OF THE CLUB THE NIGHT OF THE SHOW. IF YOU ARE FOUND TO BE DOING THIS, YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO PERFORM IN ANY FUTURE CLASHES… EVER!
1. There is a strict 5 minute time limit. Each comedian will receive a light at 4 and a half minutes to wrap it up. Do not go over your time limit.
2. All recording/photography is prohibited in the showroom, therefore guests will not be allowed to record your set.
3. Language – Please minimize your cursing. NO use of the ‘F’ word or the ‘N’ word (you know which ones) during your time on stage! Using either of those two words could disqualify you from winning any of the prizes for that night’s show. You could also be ineligible for participation in the next Clash of the Comics.
4. NO hacking, biting, borrowing, lifting or otherwise stealing other comedians’ material!!
5. First Place will receive a Grand Prize of $100 and will be the MC at the next Clash of the Comics! First and Second place winners of each month will be asked to come back and complete in the finale on Sunday, October 23rd.
THESE RULES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE !